In today’s world of limited governmental resources, to sustain our progress we need to ask you for your help. Only your gift will allow us to accelerate the pace of our research leading to a cure in our lifetime.
The BCRF continues to make numerous contributions to blood cancer research and cancer in general:
- Discovery of the how Zap-70, an intracellular protein, that can be used as a useful prognostic factor in determining the aggressiveness of CLL.
- The first laboratory to understand the microenvironment of leukemic cells and how the “nurse-like” cells support them.
- Leadership of the national consortium of 7 prestigious universities studying the causes and treatment of CLL. Member scientists are among the most prominent investigators in the field.
- Conducted the first-in-human gene therapy trials
- Intra-Nodal Gene therapy trials (expanding to multi-site injections)
- Key member of the researchers involved in familial cancer research
- Principal investigators of a new breakthrough research effort using nanotechnology in the early diagnosis and treatment of early stage cancers.
Donations to Blood Cancer Research Fund:
There are three options for donating to the Blood Cancer Research Fund:
- Make a secure on-line donation by clicking here
- For using regular mail you can download and print the the Download the BCRF Brochure
- Request a brochure by contacting the BCRF administrator
- Gifts should be mailed to:
UC San Diego, Moores Cancer Center
Office of Philanthropy
ATTN: Blood Cancer Research Fund (F-3133)
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0853
La Jolla, CA 92093-0853
Please make check payable to UC San Diego Foundation, designated for Blood Cancer Research Fund (F-3133) for Dr. Thomas Kipps. UC San Diego Foundation Tax ID is 95-2872494